the nicest part about a 300 win mag is most gun stores have them in stock and that cartridge is very accurate.i have one in a Remington sniper rifle with a niteforce on it shoots 3/4 groups at 300 yards on a bench,but do not enjoy shooting my 300 win.mag it kicks nasty .i have built a new long range elk gun now 338 lapua with a recoil reducer on the barrel and that will be a better long rifle except ammo could be hard to find for some people. being a handloader for both not a problem.but if I went some place in the world on a plane for a hunt I would take the 300 win. mag just because ammo is easier to get all over the world.i own a 300 weatherby too and really see very little difference with a 300 win.mag except win mags ammo and brass is cheaper and to be honest the 300 win mag. is just a little more accurate, that's why the seals use them, seals use mostly federal ammo too,so sometimes that brass is around too,all three cartridges will kill elk and I like all three except the kick !

Last edited by pete53; 12/12/15.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman