Judman;
Good afternoon my friend, I hope Christmas was great for you and your family and that all are well.

Without a doubt I'm neither Jordan, nor anyone who can speak from any substantial personal experience about dropping elk, but here's a couple links to "get the juices flowing" on a frigid Monday if nothing else.

This one died east of Edmonton, so still in farm land for sure, but not super far south of the Canadian Shield or "bush" as we called it.

[Linked Image from outdoorlife.com]

This is a Saskatchewan bull from just north of where I grew up and where we farmed before we drifted out here to BC. We knew there were big elk just north of us, but honestly I never began to fathom they got this big Jud...

[Linked Image from vmcdn.ca]

The top one is a bow kill too by the way and I believe it was an '06 that the bottom fellow used, but that's just an "I think" and certainly not an "I know"....

Me, when I have an elk tag in my pocket - we're 6 point bulls only here - it's the same rifle I'll have when I'm chasing immature bull moose - 2 point or less on one side - which is a .308 Norma with 168gr TSX in it.

Mostly as I've been getting older and more rickety Jud, I'm paying way more attention to how far it is to where I can get the truck!

All the best to you all and Happy New Year.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"