Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by rost495

What many folks just don't get, is that the smaller the person quite often, the less recoil bothers them. The larger the body mass the more you soak up the pounding.

That doesn’t work for any of my three daughters.

Daughter #3 wanted to shoot my .45-70 with my ‘Rhino Blaster’ loads (460g hardcast at 1812fps, around 52ft-lbs recoil). I started her on standard .45-70 (relatively low recoil) loads, then let her work her way up through loads with successively greater recoil. When it came time to shoot the ‘Rhino Blaster’ load I removed the scope. She found the higher-end loads increasingly unpleasant to shoot and the ‘Rhino Blaster’ extremely so.

No surprise there, although all three of my daughters love shooting the .45-70 with my 300g and 350g plinking loads. (They use a miniscule 13.5g HS6 for 1167fps and 1097fps respectively with far less recoil than a .30-30. Hell, I love to shoot them, too.) Nor is it any surprise the girls love to shoot my .243 Win, .257 Roberts, .30-30 and heavy-barreled .22 and 6.5 rifles. They all find .30-06 recoil levels unpleasant and generally decline to shoot them, let alone my magnums.

You should get your daughter a 300 WBY

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.