Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Like Bob, I don't give a fig what other people choose.

And like Bob, you post the most long-winded rebuttals when someone else expresses a different point of view; what a coincidence.

Here's another coincidence--the two guys I've known who've killed the most animals and by the way, did it for a living, both shoot (or shot in one case) "target bullets."

But you guys do crack me up. If it really "didn't matter" to you, you wouldn't have extended this inane thread another few pages. And you can insert all the disclaimers you want, but it obviously does matter to both of you--when you go out of your way to post lengthy explanations of the superiority of your own choices you are unavoidably commenting on the choices of others. Especially when you're pointing out the negatives of the other choices, it becomes fairly transparent.

You just choose to go about it in a passive aggressive kind of way.

smokepole -

It really doesn't matter to me what other people do. I have no control over them and don't waste a second worrying about it.

On the other hand, when someone disparages my choices and claims I'm doing something "needlessly", I have no problem defending my choices and providing rational and logical reasons why I feel they are appropriate. If my posts are too long for your taste the only suggestion I have is that you ignore them.

When I go elk hunting I take a lot of equipment that rarely or never gets used. One could easily argue that the effort required to take that equipment (some of which gets carried on my back) is "needless", using the same rationale they use to decide the extra expense for the bullets I use is a "needless" expense and, in the case of North Fork that I am giving up downrange velocity "needlessly".

Most of the extra equipment I take, while rarely used, HAS been needed and at those times I was damn glad to have it. The claims that my choices result in "needless" this or that are prima facia evidence the person making those claims is somewhat akin to an idiot. Only I can decide what is "needless" or not for my purposes.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 04/30/16.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.