Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Like Bob, I don't give a fig what other people choose.

And like Bob, you post the most long-winded rebuttals when someone else expresses a different point of view; what a coincidence.

Here's another coincidence--the two guys I've known who've killed the most animals and by the way, did it for a living, both shoot (or shot in one case) "target bullets."

But you guys do crack me up. If it really "didn't matter" to you, you wouldn't have extended this inane thread another few pages. And you can insert all the disclaimers you want, but it obviously does matter to both of you--when you go out of your way to post lengthy explanations of the superiority of your own choices you are unavoidably commenting on the choices of others. Especially when you're pointing out the negatives of the other choices, it becomes fairly transparent.

You just choose to go about it in a passive aggressive kind of way.

You really don’t get it, do you?

I don’t think Bob cares what other people choose to do and I certainly don’t. Their choices don’t have any impact on me or mine. What you fail to understand is that giving advice is very different than insisting others agree with and accept that advice or caring if people ignore it. People ignore my advice all the time, on both personal and professional levels. Their choice and they, not me, have to live with the consequences. I’m happy either way.

You also don’t seem to get the difference between a person a) offering advice and providing rational reasons for it, solicited or not, and b) defending their personal choices when someone else insists they know better than that person what choices that person should make. Bwalker insists I give up B.C. “needlessly” when using North Fork bullets but that insistence is based on his priorities not mine. Further, he had no idea that many of the North Fork bullets I use are of a higher B.C. type (HP) than he was familiar with and when he insisted they were “spendy” he had no idea that the majority of North Fork bullets I have received over the years were free. In other words, his conclusions and claims were based in ignorance of the facts. By his own reasoning, however, the BT bullets he advocates are “spendy” compared to other options that would work just as well in most cases and he is “needlessly” giving up a higher B.C. by not choosing other bullets. That said, what he or others ultimately decide is beyond both my control and my caring.

This is probably another post that is too long for your taste yet for some reason you read them anyway. I don’t care about that either but it isn’t the choice I would make.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.