Originally Posted by John55
Ray-
I tried the PGs right after they came out and could not see much difference in them and the regular version. Back in the early '90s I was using a lot of Jack Carter's Bear Claws, those were quite a good bullet. The North Forks have worked very much like them on the few animals I've used them on, big mushroom with 90%+ retained weight. If I were to switch off of the TTSXs I'd likely go straight to the NF because they are also super accurate and always hold together.

About four days after shooting that moose through the lungs with a Federal 250-grain HE, my friends and I returned, they to hunt moose, while I to keep them company and enjoy the rest of the moose season. So I am standing on the same rocky knob where I had shot the moose from, and all of the sudden I see this huge grizzly moving away from the gut pile somewhat in my direction, but angling to my left about 125 yards away. I could see the top of the bear moving down a ravine, but not the area low on the chest. I was glad that I didn't have to shoot the bear since the rifle was loaded with the same ammo I had used on the moose. In my view, a milder load somewhere around 2600 fps helps the Partition stay together. But the HE load while great for lung shots, was just too fast shoulder shots.

All I hear are nothing but good comments about the NF bullets, but I have never tried them.