Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Sheister
I have to laugh that the measure of a cartridge seems to be how big of a bull you think it will kill... I'm pretty sure anything I listed above and many more will kill any bull walking and then some.

And somehow now it's a contest of who knows who? If you have the money a guide will get you close enough to any size bull you want so the cartridge is a secondary consideration IMO... big bulls go down just like any other bulls if you punch a hole in the right place... if you think otherwise I'm thinking you haven't been hitting them in the right place....

I swear, this isn't a hunting site any more- it has officially become a penis measuring contest.... I guess you guys win because I just don't really give a crap....

Bob

Just because a cartridge is capable of killing elk does not mean anything larger is excessive or unnecessary. You can put in a lot of hours to get a shot on a big, public land bull. Maybe that shot is a hard quartering angle in the timber. You might not have time to move around and pick out a place to send a lesser bullet. That’s when the big boys earn their keep, but guys who hunt raghorns and cows in the open pretend they know it all.

The more you post, the more you show your reading comprehension is extremely low. Arguing with you would be an exercise in frustration and hilarity at the same time... if you really think you are so expert at this elk hunting thing and how big your bulls are, why don't you try proving to yourself that is true? Take a 30-06 or a 7-08 out and see if it will take down an elk as well as anything else. I'm sure an expert like you could easily kill an elk with a smaller cartridge than your 300 Weatherby .... or could you?

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.