Originally Posted by BC30cal
Sheister;
Good afternoon to you sir, thanks for the story to accompany some of mine.

Years ago when our girls were little, there was some work function that my wife had to go to which took place at the Banff Springs Hotel. It was in early December so there was some snow on the passes, though the hotel itself didn't have snow in the yard.

Part of the deal was we'd spend a couple nights there, so we arranged for the kids to go camp out with the grandparents and off we went.

Here's what the Banff Springs Hotel looks like by the way for those who've not seen it.

[Linked Image from media-cdn.tripadvisor.com]

The inside is really something too.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

As it turned out, what it didn't have were really well marked exits in the event of an emergency...

About 1:00AM the fire alarm goes off and bless us all, we can smell smoke in the hallway, but not lots.

The elevators are shut down too of course.

So since we're up and everything, we decide to take a load of stuff out to the car as we're leaving in a couple hours for home anyways....

As mentioned the stairwells weren't exactly well labeled and we ended up either in the kitchen or maybe it was the laundry section, but the folks there were still working away despite the fire alarm which was now silent???

They motioned us to a back door, where we came out on a back parking lot and there, like one of Santa's reindeer waiting to be harnessed was a very nice bull elk just watching us. It didn't move either as we walked past it at less than 20', just followed us with it's eyes and slightly moved it's head! laugh

Eventually we went back to sleep, but had the alarms set so we could leave before 6:00 as we had a company function to attend for my wife again that night, but back home.

Of course I managed to smoke a whitetail doe about a half hour out, but the mighty Corolla sustained only some body damage and one headlight packed it in, so we simply continued on home without further incidents.

When I read back on a few of my stories I see I've left the impression that perhaps road trips with Dwayne are more eventful than one might want?

Despite that all, I remain married - to the same woman - and she still seems to not mind taking trips with me?? Wonders never cease...

All the best to you all and Happy New Year.

Dwayne

Dwayne,

I hope Christmas has treated you and yours well!

That sure is a pretty area, and the hotel is kinda nice, too! smile