Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

I guess I'm overcautious.

I am as well, and despite a plethora of buttheads in my neighborhood there are more than a few good souls that I do not wish to disturb.

When I settled on the place I contemplated having an underground range of 100 yards with access from both ends for maintenance etc. The only reason I didn't do it was the idea was so strange to the contractors I discussed it with they could not wrap their cracker brains around it. Mostly they were not versed in the art of working underground with concrete and steel, ventilation and acoustic treatments. So I went another way.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

General practice limits high velocity ammo substantially, though it is used on occasion, both CF and RF. The line is 20 yards and 50 yards. Use your muffler or my box if you don't have one. For the most part the neighbors don't have a clue that I'm shooting. Could I legally sit down with my cannons and dragon slayers? Yep. Do I? Nope. There be another range a few miles away where I can use those toys without alienating the 'hood.

Here in Florida we can do this on residential properties of 1 acre or larger, and those that do bear full liability for any harm done to adjoining properties, and that include plinking your neighbor. The layout shown in the video has the potential to be safe with a lot more work, but I'd not be using it until that work is done.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain