Here's a few brief observations I have. Some of which concerns you two...

1) Misty, neither you nor the range owner is 100% in the right, so to speak.

I think you have over dramatized the situation, and are making some claims that will be hard to prove.

The range owner isn't 100% in the right because he obviously doesn't care about causing issues with the neighbors. He may have the rule of law in his favor, but in many cases, just because something is legal, doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it.

2) This has nothing to do with looks or male or female. We ought to have more class here than to personally insult someone over their looks, or call them names. (Trolls excepted grin )

3) The OP had the title right from the beginning. Shooting Range Drama. Stress on the "Drama" part. So far, it has lived up to it's name.[/quote]
[/quote]

1. ) We did try to work with him, we asked him to turn it and that would've been acceptable but he didn't want to turn it away, he admitted he could see our home but never drove back here to see how many others homes there were, which rule number one when setting a berm is no your back stop and further more what is behind it since no shot is guaranteed that is off the NRA page and just common sense. There was a guy over a mile away who had a ricochet come through our yard while we were building the guy behind me went to him and showed him the trees it was hitting and the guy rectified his berm no issues, no one persecuted him, no one sued him, it was an honest mistake that he wasn't aware and he addressed it, problem solved he shoots almost nightly out here no one cares or bothers him in fact if we don't hear him we assume he is traveling, a few blocks away there is another house shoots all the time as well, again his range is safely away from every one and he has above ground back stop and they are also not shooting 50 BMG , the guy at the end of our street has a 50 BMG he used to have a range out back ( well technically he still does ) but once people built behind him he no longer would consider shooting that on his range because it is logical or safe as he said and it's just not worth it...

1-B.) Yes the owner blatantly said he doesn't care about safety of those behind him in fact verbatim " that's a risk I'm willing to take he said in fron of an audience of 5 people "

2.) Correct looks or gender have nothing to do with the range at all