Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
My friend in New Zealand can buy suppressors over the counter- - - -no "Mommy May I" to the government or ridiculous license fees. However, when he shoots his non-suppressed rifles at his range, he has a mega-muffler- - - -about a dozen big truck tires bolted together on an angle iron rack just ahead of his shooting bench. With the muzzle of the rifle stuck into the hole in the middle a few inches, the sound gets moderated down to a muffled POP, and the neighbors are barely aware that he's shooting at all. With a 20" diameter hole to shoot through there's no problem seeing downrange.

Do you have any pics of this? I'd really like to see it as it sounds pretty interesting. ( oh sorry just realized you want pics of the New Zealand range smile )

Yes if you scroll up I just posted a picture of the direction of the range as well as the county map that shows all the homes he chose to point his range towards as well as if you look to the side of his property he could've aimed it that way and had it safely aimed it away from any homes for several acres

Last edited by md44815; 05/26/20.