Originally Posted by md44815
He could reverse his range in his direction. If you saw the pictures of how close his house is being built to the range and how close my house is to the end of his berm you would probably laugh at that your own statement because my house is closer to the end of his berm than his house is so he could easily turn it to face his own home if he truly feels what he is doing is so safe. He originally told us he was going to put up poles as a backstop as well as additional sand behind those poles which would A) help with safety and B) yes help reduce some of the noise, and he swore no one was going to shoot on that range till all that was done because he himself said "it's not safe , I'm not even close to being done, he told Fox news the same things that no one is shooting on it till then " well guess what those were lies... he who said himself it's not safe yet is shooting some really high caliber and rapid fire weapons on that range that is only 200 FEET not yards FEET from us aimed in our direction , his buddy was ignorant enough to state if they shot over the berm my house is close enough that it would probably go over my house... which would then go into a cluster of more homes because I'm the house on the end of the cuddlesac so going over mine and into even more populated area isn't any better but that's the kind of people we are dealing with ... I even reached out to the guy out in Texas who runs the Hidden Spring Ranch since he had his own tv show on hunting and often featured videos of a BMG, he was sent the distance, aerial pictures from a drone so that there was no manipulating or speculating and he couldn't believe what he was seeing. A lot of research and reaching out to a ton of ranges, ballistic experts, range design engineers, heck I even have the actual Army ballistic on guide sent to me from a very decorated veteran who reached out on our behalf and used many weapons on his multi tours over seas and couldn't believe when he came to my house how close this is to our home and stressed how unsafe this was. Trust me I did reach out and ask both of those guys as well as Federal Agent who walked the land and shook his head in disbelief as well, a state trooper who lives out here who can't believe he did this, code enforcement even reached out ATF who warned him the minute a stray passes his property line he is in a world of hurt. However with a 50 BMG or fully automatic that is shooting off 100 rounds a minute there isn't room for error to wait for that first stray to cross, it's reckless. I even randomly asked the guys who run the range I go too if I could bring my BMG there to shoot and they looked at me sideways first ( my guess is because they see me bring my AR but probably couldn't vision me with a 50 BMG lol ) they hesitantly said yeah but only on the 200 yard range I said " oh I don't know that's far can I start out in the 100 yard range? " they looked at me even more sideways and said what model do you have exactly and that is when I came clean with them and told them I was the one dealing with the guy on the news shooting a 50 BMG 200 feet away and they went over all the reasons why that is not safe and how reckless that is and pointed me in the direction of some NRA contacts who agreed as well in this scenario " Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" ,,,thanks for your time

Holy block of text.

You should study proper forum Etiquette before posting again.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell