Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Do you have any pics of this? I'd really like to see it as it sounds pretty interesting.

No pics, but anyone with a few brain cells to rub together should be able to figure it out. Go to a trucking company or a big truck tire shop and scavenge up about a dozen worn out tires. They'll probably give them to you. Build a wood or metal rack that puts the hole in the tire at shooting bench height and stand the tires up side by side. Drill holes in the sidewalls and bolt them together with fender washers so you create a long tube.to shoot through. The air chambers of the tires create a series of baffles to absorb the pressure waves that cause the sound to travel. It's just like a suppressor on steroids. A side benefit is that it creates a glare-proof tunnel so you can shoot with the sun behind the target- - - -no glare that wipes out the scope picture.
Jerry

Won't work to solve her problem. The loudest noise comes from the sonic boom of the bullet. A 50BMG is still supersonic after it leaves the tires.

And it won't solve the ricochet problem down range. I'm no expert but I've been associated with two ranges that had ricochet problems from rifle bullets off the berm. I don't think the range inthe photo is safe.

Get range safety guidlines from the NRA and then file an injunction. Shouldn't matter if there is a Florida statute. The issue is endangering lives, not following some ordnance.

That is exactly what we have to do is go through the courts for an injunction because of the way the statue is written and we won't be the first case to have done that and won, we have had other's reach out to us and provide their help so even though I have to sort through the keyboard warrior comments who aren't willing to put their mouth where their fingers type are and stand at the end of the hole when he is shooting ( I would even let them stand on our side of the line ) they sure love to give their input on how safe they feel it is and how quiet and acceptable they think it is, so it is nice to have a guy like you who understands logic unlike the last guy who's solution is everyone out here should sell their homes and move otherwise we are all bad parents.... cause you know everyone who just built a brand new home should go buy another home and pay capital gains or take hefty hits so that the one guy who doesn't even live out here yet can continue with his recklessness... sighhh I just can't even rationalize with some of these folks but I have found MOST side with us that what he isn't doing isn't the smartest or most logical way and most would not want this in their back yard as well.

We have documentation from both the County and the State level in writing both stating " they do not agree this is safe, however the way the statue is written which is why there are so many suits on this statue and topic in FL our only option was to hire an attorney ( which several households did out here not just me) and file because under the exceptions portion of the statue a Judge can decide if it is unsafe, the Gov sent EPA out they didn't agree with him either and made him pull additional permit for drainage, the AG has advised our County 2xs to look under our zoning laws which our attny pointed out does not allow a rifle range on Ag- Res only agriculture lots for our county and although our county sides they don;t fee this is smart or safe they are afraid of being removed from office from the way the statue reads hence why they met with our attorney, they are willing to work with our attorney, but some people on here can't read they would rather stalk my personal life instead and comment on me personally ( although none of them commenting on me personally bothered to point out there are plenty of pictures of me with my AR and my Glock and my 40 S&W pictures that all pre-date this issue validating I am an avid shooter myself I am not against guns or private ranges, apparently their eyes have tunnel vision though ) . So thank you again for your support and logic smile