Originally Posted by Hastings
I believe it's the noise. I wouldn't like it either but welcome to rural living in the south. My neighbors are fussy about even 5 or 6 shots a day. I understand but I still shoot. Been here 50 years now. BMG fire would be a distraction (to say the least) while having a garden party but it is the country.

The noise is an issue for sure but we have people shoot out here nightly at other homes, those don't bother anyone out here but yes 50 BMG literally makes our ears ring for days to the point I have had to start seeing a ENT Dr.

The main issue is safety on this one though and we are not county we are less than acre lots, average lot out here is .25 -.50 acre he is on the outskirts up against the residential neighborhood, he should have bought an agriculture lot not butted up against a neighborhood for what he wants to do. There is a guy out here on agriculture who shoots tannerite no one bothers him at all, he is far enough away and it isn't aimed at anyone, this guy chose to point his range in the one and only direction on his property that is aimed at all the homes, the blue arrow is his range the blue lines are all the homes out here and then of course anything that has a pic of house on lot there is a home as well. So you can see had he turned it to the right there would've been nothing in his way at all..

Attached Images
Inkedupdated google maps with houses.jpg (13.88 KB, 202 downloads)
Last edited by md44815; 05/26/20.