Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by md44815
Indy you're almost spot on what we have heard from others on this topic for the ricochet and splatter. As well as the noise. That is why Code Enforcement was brought into the meeting with our attorney and that is exactly one of the reason the Attorney General referred us back to code and zoning because gun ranges at his caliber which are considered sport shooting/rifle ranges are not exempt in Florida for noise unless they meet the NRA standards for Florida and he does not meet them at all...

Florida is also one of the few states that does not have any distance parameters in their legislation. It was explained to us that is was written so loosely ( you literally need an acre that's it in Florida) because most gun owners are responsible and most would never do this. We have heard from every branch on the state level that there is no case like this to even reference because most people have common sense to know this isn't safe and it's suppose to be up on the ballad this fall. If you research Florida and that statue 790.33 you will see there are several litigation cases around it because of how poorly it was written. County's sued the State over it and last July the first county won and that my dear is how we found our attorney, research research and research we wanted a firm that had the knowledge and already had a case on this topic and WON against the State. I can say the Partner of that firm gave us the best referral who knew for our position and she took us on collectively as several households. My house just happens to be the first in line of fire. We met with a few attorney's before we retained her, there was a local guy we were really leaning towards as well that I trusted but our attorney sits on the Florida Bar Association Council for land use and with the guidance of the firm on the Statue issue she was great pick for us all.

So what will haappen now? It's one thing to have a complaint but what's the plan to win?

Apparently it's to create an account on 24hourcampfire and convince a bunch of strangers that she's not crazy.