Originally Posted by pete53
is there any reason this family can`t put up their own berm and/or a sound barrier type fence ? these whiners probably have dogs that bark all nite too. gun range is legal and is now grandfathered in because there was no law against it. these people can either fix their problem and live with it or leave period. bet they are city-its who want it all their way ,i say screw them gun range guy has rights too and we should be all on the side of the gun range guy !

We cannot have a berm on our side because we are less than an acre he bought an Ag-Res property he isn't on a agriculture he has 2.5 acres and he has the range in the back up by the property line of the residential lines, so no we cannot put up a berm on our side, we already have a fence, we also have plenty of private ranges out here that no one has a problem with because they all faced them away from homes where this guy chose the one direction to place his facing everyone's homes and he isn't shooting your typical handgun, shotguns, he is shooting fully automatic rifles and a 50 BMG and the first 2 homes are only 200 ft from his hole in the ground he has NO UPPER berm at all, so anything that goes over the hole he dug comes straight at all our homes. I think we can all agree even a 22 can travel a mile if it's stray a 50 BMG gone rogue well... you can figure it out. I'm also not city folk I grew up in Ohio which is hunting country my dear on plenty of acreage I shot my first deer at 12, I have raised my children to shoot this is not a matter of guns this is a matter of safety and common sense.

He also will not be grandfathered in FL you can have a recreational range if you are over an acre but the State is considering his a "sport shooting/ rifle range" given the calibers he shoots and the fact he is not using it just for recreational use, he is an arms dealer who manufactures these as well and he is testing them on this range, so if you truly shoot you should understand how dangerous it is to "test" or site these in a range aimed at homes with NO UPPER BERM OR backstop just the hole in the ground that keeps filling up with sand with every rain we get here...