Originally Posted by Fred_Alberta
We have more and more people moving onto country acreages or even buying small farms and then complaining about the distant sound of gunfire from the neighbours (who were already living there) and/or the smell of manure. A lot of people ask the obvious question.

We have gun shots every night from other neighbors on out skirts and no one complains about them at all, but understand we are not on acreage my lot is less than acre and I have one of the larger ones since I'm at end of the cuddlesac but most lots out here are less than .50 acre this guy bought a lot outside of the residential zoning on ag-residential only 2.5 acres and he chose to aim his range on the only line of his property that is aimed at the hundreds of homes out here, we originally asked him to just turn it and face in a direction that would be aimed at over 40 acres of nothing no homes, some of it is marsh so won't ever be built on and he still chose not to do that, he wanted it aimed in the direction of all the homes rather than taking the safest route possible.

I would think almost every home out here owns guns, we all support 2nd amendment it's not a gun issue one of the other homes in the suit is a retired LA Sheriff Dept Sgt, another is a veteran ( I'm not the only one going after this guy) They just stuck me on the news because I was the closest home to danger. Several homes all retained the same attorney, the Governor sent EPA out over this, the Attorney General of Florida has addressed this range twice now to 2 different homes stating our county should be handling this so we were forced to retain an attorney since although our county believes this is not safe as well they want a Judge to rule on it based on the exceptions portion of the staue