Originally Posted by Hastings
I haven't read the 12 pages so this may have been addressed already but this whole deal is about the noise. I have a range and my neighbors tried the safety angle to shut me down also even after I hired a track hoe and dug a pond to build a backstop 20 feet high. It's the noise. The sheriff finally told my neighbors that apparently I know the law better than they do. Of course my range is not pointed at anyone's house and the nearest residence is 100 yards away across a federal highway. Don't you old geezers get all agreeable with her because she is female and looks ok when she makes up, slicks up, and poses.

Happy you were able to resolve this issues with your range and happy for you , fire away smile
This isn't so much about the noise, yes that is an issue but the biggest concern it safety, cliff notes are he has dug a hole no upper berm at all, his hole 200 ft from the 2 closest homes in a residential populated area full of homes on less than .50 for most of them, he is shooting fully automatics that he is trying to site on this range and a 50 BMG (which is beyond obscene loud when you're down range 200 ft away). Had he taken the dirt from the hole he dug and put it at the top of his hole and made an actual berm that would've helped with that some and safety but he took the dirt used that to level his lot where he is putting his house and has nothing above ground at all so if he misses his hole guess where those strays are coming since there is nothing to stop it? That is the concern especially when you are taking a fully auto that fires over 100 rounds a minute , he is using steel targets and also a 50 BMG .. not practical and makes us responsible gun owners and other people out here who have private ranges look bad and that doesn't even begin to bring up the 2 schools less than 900 feet away with the parents complaining since he fired the fully auto during a school drill once and some kids panicked thinking it was real deal not a drill