Originally Posted by CCCC
I am given the gift of salvation by Grace. But, from a thankful and grateful heart I do try to walk the Christian walk and do good works for others where there seems to be worthwhile opportunity. I fail more than succeed, but keep trying.
Yep. Jesus’ New Covenant command…which the Apostle Paul later called the Law of Christ…was to give and to serve and to love other’s, just as He gave and served and loved us. Jesus wasn’t satisfied with being good for goodness’ sake, or good for His sake, He came to be good for our sake. And we’re not all that good.

It’s possible to be self-controlled, and judgmental. It’s possible to be personally careful, and uncaring. It’s possible to be blameless, and unsympathetic. It’s possible to be financially responsible, and selfish. It’s even possible to keep your hands clean, without offering anyone else a hand. Basically it’s possible to be good, without doing any good. It’s possible to be a good person, without doing good for another person.

Are we really a good person if we’re unwilling to do good for another person…? Does being good for goodness’ sake do any good…?

Jesus’ endgame wasn’t simply to keep the Law of God, His endgame was to demonstrate the love of God. And to demonstrate it in such a way that we would embrace that way of living, and that it would become our endgame as well.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.