The faith of Jesus’ original followers was anchored to the reality of the physical, literal, in-history resurrection of Jesus. And they didn’t give their lives because of what they believed. People give their lives because of what they believe all the time. They gave their lives because of what they saw. And since their faith was anchored to that, does it make sense that our faith should be anchored to that as well…?

If Jesus rose from the dead, then it’s game flippin’ on…!

And if He didn’t, then none of it matters anyway. Period.

Skeptics, especially those with a clear and biased agenda, choose the Bible…over and over and over…as the battleground for the faith of Christianity.

To me, the question that believers should wrestle to the ground is not is the whole Bible literally true and without error…?

To me, the question that believers should wrestle to the ground is simply did or did not Jesus rise from the dead…?

The epic culture shaping story of Christianity did not begin with a book; it began with an event.

When Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimethea removed Jesus’ lifeless body from the cross, there we no longer any believers. Zero. They all quit believing.

But nobody excepted no body.

The faith of Christianity didn’t begin in Genesis. It began on Easter morning. And not because somebody read something. But because some people saw something.

Christianity’s uniqueness is that it’s rooted in history. In an event. The event of the resurrection was the beginning of Christianity. Christianity doesn’t hang in the balance of whether the 66 different books of the Bible can all be proven to be literally true. Christianity hangs on a single event. Period.

Apostle Paul made it crystal clear when he said that if Jesus has not been raised from the dead, then all of our preaching is useless and so is your faith.

It all rises and falls on the death and resurrection of Jesus. Period. If He rose from the dead, then game on. And if He didn’t, then we’re wasting our time.

The faith of Christianity is anchored to that single, solitary event. It was for Jesus’ original followers. And it makes sense to me that our faith should be anchored to that as well.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.