Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
The way scientists operate is they form a hypothesis and then do research to prove it. However, every piece of evidence that disproves their hypothesis is disregarded and disgarded and they then continue the search for anything that *does* corroborate their theory.

Here is what separates Judeo-Christianity from all other "religions" (I hate "religion", but what else do you call it?): My God does not require any assistance from me to "prove" His existence. He takes care of that all by Himself and has since "The Beginning", quite literally. My Bible is scientifically proven on every front. King Solomon stated that, "...the wind blows to the south and then around to the north; around and around goes the wind and on its circuits, it returns" Ecc 1:6. The Bible clearly stated that the world was round somewhere around 3,000 years ago... then the "scientists" came along.

Let's examine the scientific facts: The big band (yes, I believe in the big bang, I just know the Banger! hahahaha) happened in a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second, or exactly what I would expect to happen if God *spoke* it into existence

The 2nd law of thermodynamics says that everything decays over time, yet evolutionists claim everything improves and gets better

The law of conservation of mass says that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed. The evolutionist agrees with this... except for the creation of *everything in the universe*... from nothing

Astrologists have long known that the moon moves a few inches further away from the earth every year. Reverse-engineer that 13.8 billion years and the moon would not only have been inside the earth's gravitational pull, but it would've been about 12" off the surface and never would've escaped

But here's the real "proof": probably the premier scientific research facility on earth, The Smithsonian Institution set out decades ago to "prove" the fallacy of the Bible... years later, they stated it was one of the most accurate books ever written. When compared to The Book of Mormon, The Quran, whatever Hindu book is used, etc. they called disproving them basically child's play. They found Jericho, they found Sodom and Gomorrah, Noah's Ark was found and gold-covered chariot wheels were located at the bottom of the Red Sea!

Most of the scientific forefathers *were* Christians and with every discovery they made, they became even more certain of the role of the Hand of God. They were doing God's work to uncover all of His glorious creation. Look at all of the elitist, leftist institutions of higher education and almost every one had their beginnings in the deepest of Christian research. Then the intelligencia decided years ago that their "hypothesis" was that The Bible was complete fiction and thereby began not only the throwing out of every giant, blaring fact, but the absolute *burying* of them and of any scientist that dared attempt the publishing of them, along with them.
In the 1950's archeologists discovered human femurs that were over 5 feet long (Nephilim in the Bible). Dinosaur bones were found with soft tissue still attached. They found the writings of Marco Polo circa 1,200 where he described living animals that perfectly matched our rendition of a tyrannosaurus rex. The Bible described "Leviathan" and "Behemoth" which the same "intelligencia" then jettisoned as folklore while touting their latest bone discovery from "65,000,000 years ago"

As for the Bible being "translated for 2,000 years and completely unreliable", God once again proved His promise that His word would never fade away. You see, a Bedouhan shepard was looking for a lost animal, but was very hesitant to go in the cave where he suspected that it ran. Dangerous predators were known to live in them, so he first threw a stone inside the entrance. When he heard the sound of pottery breaking, he investigated and found the first cache of the Dead Sea Scrolls. First-century copies of the same books of the Bible that we can purchase at the local Walmart. They were translated, compared and contrasted to the Bibles that we can purchase at the local Walmart and found over a 99.5% accuracy and absolutely zero doctrinal variance (some words were used that had the same meaning: cat vs. feline type of words).

I could cite much more, but I fear our Aussie comrades (among many others in this thread) are just not ready for the Teacher (Jesus, not me! hahahaha) to appear.

Refer my above response to Raspy. Man has been around far, far longer than the bible - man invented gods.

Trying to leverage science to favour faith fails every single time. You have to prove your god first, everything else is "bafflegab",

Did man invent God or did he discover the truth of God's existence? Trying to leverage "science" to favor materialism and naturalism (by assuming a priori the truth of methodological naturalism and the non-existence of God) fails every time. You have to prove that the universe is entirely and exclusively material first, everything else is "bafflegab".

You dudes need to prove the supernatural first before anything that might stem from it is worth further consideration. In the meantime our knowlegable experts will continue working in the real world with the facts that we have. They ain't scared of no ghosts.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?