Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by antlers
I do believe that the day will come when all of us will stand before God and give an account of our works, good or bad. For those who also believe this, do you wlyour own good works…despite your sin…to earn your salvation diminishes, in any way, the work that Jesus did for you on the cross…?

I’ve heard that most of My life. Yet, Paul says that there is NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ,

If there is no condemnation there is no guilt. If there is no guilt how can there be judgement?

There is the concept that only the lost will be judged for their sin..... at the Great White Throne judgment. Members of the Body of Christ... if they are even in attendance, will only be observers.

Believers will appear at the Bema Seat judgment. There are those who hold that the believers will only be judged for the "quality" of their works.

See 1 Corinthians 3:10-15.

It would be hard to be judged for much if your sins are forgiven I figure. When you ask forgiveness and HE forgives you, doesnt HE say they are forgotten?

Seems that way to me… the Bema Seat is perhaps like a review of “what you did with the gifts and assignments that I gave to you.” That is…. The good works you did at my behest and in my behalf….. not a “sin” judging,

So…..This seems not to be any judgment of sin…. But… I am still studying on this subject and some may hold to different views….ok.

There is some logic when a believer says “I am holy.” Study of 2 Corinthians 5:21 is interesting…. Christ’ death on the cross substituted our sin for His righteousness. God looks at us….. so to speak…. And sees us as holy and without sin while we yet walk on this earth and sin in our flesh….. seems we sin in our flesh but are righteous in Spirit. (I’m still working on my understanding of this.)

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”