Originally Posted by Spotshooter
The ultimate authority is simply reality live against it and it will bite you in the ass HARD…

You can make up your own reality (Internet) or you can try to understand the fabric of reality and live well in it.

Some call that Meeting God… because there is a whole bunch of things we don’t know about in terms of the fabric of reality and how we act in it.

And in fact that’s what I’m suggesting, if the Bible is a library of methods to learn about living in the fabric of Reality in a way that will do all of us good…. Well then you would be a complete idiot for ignoring those… just like you would be an idiot for not learning how to drive on ice and then ending up in the ditch…

It comes down to responsibility to knowing what the hell you are doing in life…. Most of us what the short answer and are willing to swallow an ideology…. The problem with this is YOU ARE NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY….
This is why a crowd of people will do HORRIBLE things to a person…. It takes a single guy a while to get that F’d up in their mind and get responsibility and evil interwinded….

But with a group of idiots who aren’t responsible because they are hiding behind a ideology that “is responsible” (the crowd)…

There are very few real men out there who have figured it out - Thank God there are 5 times as man of them as there are the idiots that decided to act with Malice …. But we are breeding more cowards because we don’t teach responsibility..

So - ultimate authority = Responsibility

And we all have that responsibility to “get” there is a REAL fabric of reality where what you do has some effects on yourself, your family, and your community…

To rebuke truth of outcome (Karma, God, … ) would be to refute real outcomes of behavior…. Which if frankly beyond stupid if you are more than 12 years old.

Yep.

Originally Posted by Ringman
Spots hooter,

Do you accept an ultimate authority?

SS,

Interesting viewpoint to be sure. Seems to me that I can partly agree with you that the Bible has purpose in it being “a library of methods to learn about living in the fabric of Reality in a way that will do all of us good…”

But I think there is more…..the Bible reveals the reality and nature of God and also reveals…. and illustrates …the reality of Jesus.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”