Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
I'm just going to say it: DBT, you're just a closed-minded, religious zealot. I've cited piles of evidence from your side of the aisle (I'm citing the 2nd law of thermodynamics, et al, not the Book of Revelation, here), and just as I predicted earlier, you only come right back with, "... give me evidence", after the evidence was given... and then completely ignored once cited.

Evolution is your religion and your god (to mock Ozzy Osbourne who praises rock & roll), but don't be upset when I defend Christ as stoutly as you defend Darwin... and don't point a finger of ridicule in my direction when there's 3 pointing back at yourself. Evolution has been "PREACHED" for over 150 years, but don't confuse that with being *PROVEN* for over 150 years because it hasn't.

Absolutely none of the fossil records support speciation, only adaptation. The birds that had their beaks alter over generations were still birds; their beaks didn't become snouts with fangs and their bodies didn't develop into felines. No fossils of a pre-pterodactyl subspecies have ever been located... only perfect, complete pterodactyls... they have located sabre-toothed tigers... eventually adapting into... you guessed it: tigers. When I go out in the hot sun, my skin turns red and eventually darkens; grapes become raisins; plums become prunes... adaptation.

It's a closed mind that takes dogma on faith, without question, discouraging dissent and questioning.

I have studied comparative religion and the contradictions between them and internally, sects, denominations, interpretations, etc.

On the contrary, it is those who adhere to ancient beliefs, faith, things written in old scrolls that have closed their mind to other possibilities....

There's a quote from “Discipleship of the Mind”, pg 50, by James W. Sire, saying, "Our world view, should be both consistent and coherent. That is, not only should it not contain any contradictions, but it should be composed of presuppositions which fit well together, presuppositions which, because they are as correct as we can get them, give us a coherent picture of the way things really are."

In other words, to be an Atheist and believe in reincarnation defies logic. Our beliefs must line up with each other, or they become insufficient…… if that's all there's to it - is there anything further to discuss? Beliefs don't need logic…. Where does this go now? Does logic need belief?

Illegitimi non carborundum