Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I hope I havent indicated I am either holy or righteous. If so, I would hasten to assure and dissuaded you of that erroneous conclusion.

I look at it this way…

Everyone has a frame of reference or “sense of reality” and we can actually see things differently based on our experiences and how they changed us over time.

We also have “emotions” or “feelings” about what we are experiencing in life, or with what other people are saying…

IF one act’s with a concern for yourself, concern for the other person, and concern for the relationship between yourself….
WELL - then when they say something make you I don’t like X (makes you feel bad) - you SHOULD naturally say… hey this surely FELT this way to me and it seems way wrong, so before I go off half cocked…. Here is the context of why I saw it that way - Am I nuts (Do you see it that way or is this valid)….

This respects yourself, the other person and the relationship between you because you can “negotiate” your “frame” or sense of reality and Grow as people, in a good respectful relationship.

BUT - this is not generally how people react on the Internet…. They often insult, and criticize. - these are not respectfully motivated… they are power plays.. God help you if you act in Malice … They Other person picks up on your motivation more than what is said…

So - the nice part… we get to pick if we are all butt holes, or good Men..

This doesn’t mean you can’t be a monster of a guy, it means you walk in with your sword in it’s sheath… if someone refuses to respect you.. simply articulately state reality and walk away from the idiot…. Fixing someone else is Really hard, and fixing someone who doesn’t want to be fixed is darn near impossible…. Choose your time and friends wisely.

Spot

Well said. Problem is, I'm a sinner and fall short.

We ALL do. Hypocrisy is an innate human condition that shows from time to time no matter how hard we try to kill it off in our own lives. You may call me one if you like but that never negates your own.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.