you want an Infinite Being to think and act like you think He should.

It's wrong to expect common sense from a god who supposedly created us in his own image? If any god wants all the people of Earth to behave in a certain way then it makes no sense to go about it this way. It's not that I am closed minded to the possibility of a god. But I refuse to believe that he would be a dumbass. Which is what Christianity would have me believe he is.

If I wanted everyone at my company to know about a new set of guidelines for behavior then we would hold a meeting where they are all told directly. And each new employee would be personally instructed as well. I wouldn't leave vague and ambiguous pieces of information here and there for people to find and interpret 47 different ways. There are what, like 200 different denominations of Christianity in the US alone. Why reveal yourself to a few goat herders 2000 years ago and then never directly speak to anyone here again? Well, unless you count the 900 foot tall Jesus Oral Roberts claimed he saw in Tulsa. But that may have been medication related.

Also the system of post life eternal justice supposedly set up by the Christian god has got to be the most fracked up nonsense possible. Men had to have dug this out of their ass. No way an omnipotent god came up with this crap.

Consider that both of these outcomes are absolutely possible according to Christians and somehow makes sense to them.

Case one: Some guy is born in India to Hindu parents. In fact his whole extended family is Hindu. In fact his whole home town is Hindu. In fact the whole region of the country he is in is Hindu. So surprise surprise he grows up to be Hindu. But he's a nice hard working honest fellow who harms no one. He meets a woman; falls in love. He treats her well and never harms her or cheats on her. They have kids and he's a very attentive and responsible father to them. Finally after a LONG life of honest hard work and harming no one he dies. And being Hindu (not Christian), HE IS FLUNG INTO A PIT OF FIRE WHERE HE BURNS SCREAMING AND CRYING FOR ALL ETERNITY WITHOUT HOPE OF REPRIEVE OR IT EVER ENDING!!! Just what that lowlife SOB deserved huh?

Case two: A man is born in Texas to Southern Baptist parents. He's a bad seed from the word go. Always in trouble with the law. Cruel and dishonest as they come. At some point he begins raping and killing children. Finally after killing 20 or more he is caught, convicted and sentenced to death. But he is from a Christian family. And on the day he is to be put to death he decides as they are leading him down the hall to the execution chamber to turn his life over to Jesus Christ. You know all 10 minutes he has left. And if he is sincere, and who wouldn't be 10 minutes from death, he goes to heaven and basks in the glow and everlasting ecstasy of god. A just reward for a life well lived.

Then there is the ridiculous one size fits all nature of the Christian afterlife.

Hitler directly sends 6 million Jews to their death in camps and starts a world war that causes the death of another 60 million people in Europe and Russia. Afterlife punishment? Eternal hell fire. Ok I'm good with that.

Some guy who ate meat on a Friday? Afterlife Punishment? Same as Hitler Eternal hell fire.

LOL! Yeah that's fair. Surely only a god could have created a plan that perfect.

If the Christian god is real then he would have to be an unjust monster. Which flies pretty hard in the face of the loving god image Christians try to use in their recruitment pamphlets.

Last edited by Willto; 07/01/22.