Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by IZH27
The truth of the Gospel is that the law never did, never will and never can bring reconciliation. From the beginning of scripture to the end the teaching is that salvation rests in one thing alone. Faith in the promise of God that He would do through Christ for mankind what mankind was incapable of accomplishing. The law was added to increase the offense.

Most people who say that they are Christian’s will agree that they sometimes sin. The vast majority do not view themselves as active sinners. I don’t know if that is the distinction that you are making but that’s what I was taught and the line that I observe most people to hold.

Well, the Law was given by God…. The provisions He made in the Law allowed for the shed blood of any innocent animal to be a temporary covering for sin…. The message of the Passover in Egypt is also clear….

Then the Law was fulfilled by the shed blood of an innocent…. the perfect man…. For all of mankind….the Law finally and permanently fulfilled…..

We’re it not for the Law……?

While that is true the application is the problem.

Paul goes into great detail in Roman’s to demonstrate that the Covenant with Abraham, the covenant of salvation, preceded the law. It was faith/belief that was counted. Not adherence to Law.

Salvation has never been attained or maintained by the law.