Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers
Who cares…? It’s not God’s command for Christians to observe the sabbath.

Jesus’ New Covenant followers aren’t bound by ‘any’ aspect of the Mosaic Law. Not 613 commandments. And not 10 commandments.

Jesus Himself said that “all of it” is covered by simply loving God and loving others. Period.

Makes sense to me to honor and worship God every day, not just on what one considers to be the sabbath.
So 'thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal' etc, no longer applies to Christians....or is it a case of cherry picking? What is said to be important to God is no longer of value, and Jesus did the very thing that he said he had not come to do.......
It’s crystal clear, despite your intent to muddy the water by intentionally ignoring what’s clearly been posted, while you continue to try to stir up the sediment; just as you also continue to do over and over and over again regarding Jesus doing “the very thing that he said he had not come to do.”

I'm not the one trying to muddy the waters.

The words attributed to Jesus state; ''think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.'

The words ''till all be fulfilled'' is interpreted by Christians to mean, that the blood sacrifice, crucifixion, means the law no longer applies to believers.

Yet if the law of the prophets are in fact destroyed by the blood sacrifice, the Christian interpretation contradicts 'think not that I am come to destroy the law of the prophets, ' and is therefore false.

If Jesus did destroy the law, instead of 'think not that I come to destroy the law of the prophets,'' it should have been, ''I have come to abolish the law of the prophets and there shall be a new covenant.''