Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Mauser - What is your soul ?
Can you articulately define what that is ?
Yes, I don't have one. Waiting for someone to demonstrate what a soul is and that they exist.
If you do not know "what a soul is", how can you know that you do not have one?
If noone can explain what a soul is how do they know that they have one?
You made the negative proclamation, but you do not answer the logical question. Why not?

I feel that there must be many who can explain what their soul is, but they may not be inclined to attempt that with an insensitive naysayer. If they do not claim that you have no soul, they owe you nothing in the way of rationale or proof. They may already have experienced that there is little or no good to be gained by sincerely sharing with people who are simply seeking to make a negative argument.

I can understand that, if a person claims to be atheist, they may have little or no sense of soul or any felt need for a soul. You proclaim that you do not have one. How do you know that? Just send in the proof for your position.

Given that the soul is meant to be such a profound part of who I am (? Exactly who "gave" that and how do your KNOW that "the soul is meant to be such a profound part" of who you are?)

I have not experienced anything that can't be explained by natural processes (bio-chemical, psychology etc). There is no extra supernatural component to explain why/how I act and many contradictory accounts that preclude the existence of a separate soul. (This is not knowing, it is not any sort of proof that you do not have a soul. At best it is simply your experience (maybe) or just something you are making up. How do you KNOW?)

Refer examples of getting drunk, brain injured people, people with dementia etc. At least in my experience absence of evidence is evidence of absence. (Given your constant insistance on evidence and proof when challenging others, that is a joke - a very lame and hypocritical response. " absence of evidence is evidence of absence" - there you go again trying to sell fake logic and simply chasing your tail. Are you a fake atheist?}

You guys with souls must be special, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. What does your soul do when you sleep? (ZZZZZZZZZZ)

You realise that all you do is critisize the response without addressing the particular issues, either that or ad hominen attacks. You can do better.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?