Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Looks like the theists have run out of steam. Antlers is in misdirection mode, CCCC is producing bafflegab and Raspy is patting them all on the backside and saying "good job".
Over and above the other of your failures, you are delusional if you believe what you posted.

Just remember that any premise beginning with "God made..." or "God created..." is invalid despite any evasive side arguments.

You should remember that any premise based upon the presumption of no God or beginning with “I don’t know why/what/how [blank] happened but God didn’t…..” is invalid despite your deflection and obvious confusion.

Just because you wrongly believe what you posted doesn’t mean it’s true. 😉
There is hope when someone will say "I don't know or I don't understand". If a Stephen Hawking tells you with a certainty that this universe began when all this matter collapsed into a particle smaller than an atom and created an explosion that turned loose all the matter and has sent it at incredible velocity out into space which in turn produced our finely tuned rhythmic rotating and orbiting universe and that is all there is to it. Well, there isn't any hope of bringing that person back to thinking there is a supernatural first cause.

Believing that there is a supernatural cause is an assumption, an illusion of knowledge where no knowledge exists.

''I don't know how the universe came to be'' is the honest position.

Faith doesn't provide the answers, it just gives believers the illusion of answers.

If there is a God, whatever that may be, God appears to have no interest in dealing with us openly.

Instead we have self appointed representatives assuming to speak on behalf of whatever God they are spruiking.

And....

Believing that there is a materialist/naturalistic cause is an assumption, an illusion of knowledge where no knowledge exists.

'I don't know how the universe came to be'' is the honest position.

Faith in materialism/naturalism doesn't provide the answers, it just gives believers the illusion of answers.

The assertion that God has no interest in dealing with us openly is a statement purporting to know the mind/will/purpose of God. On what basis?

Science is the study of the material world, how it works, its attributes and principles. No assumptions should be made.

Especially not - ''we don't know x, y, or z...well, God must have done it.''