I might have opened my comment above with “I certainly am not holy.” Only God knows this more than I do; it’s why I need a savior! There are two important Biblical or theological terms that are true of the believer in Jesus Christ. “Justified” is what I am when I believe in Christ as Lord and savior, meaning my sin is separated from me; paid for. And it was very expensive for Christ paying off my and everyone else’s account. This does not MAKE me holy, but God now “SEES me as holy,” even though I still sin.

“Sanctification” is the process, post-justification, of becoming more Christ-like as a Holy Spirit-inhabited
Believer. But as long as I am in this body of flesh, I will never be completely sinless. And it’s true, that as a believer, one becomes very aware of every sin of commission. Very. But, we can rest in the completed act of Christ as efw said.

This is why Christ’s sacrifice, so beyond human experience, was crucial. Without it, and because of the Fall in Genesis ch 3, we would all be doomed to eternal destruction. Dying in our sins, we would be relegated to paying off our own sin debt forever. Unsuccessfully.

The old in-a-nutshell thing. And this nutshell above is a very small one. The apostle Paul fleshes this out in Romans.