Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
I get it. Sin can be dileriously fun and we don't want there to be God or conscience or penalties. We're like kids hiding their head under pillows yelling, "You can't see me!"

God is real, we do have a conscience (no matter how well we have stifled it) and there are consequences to our actions or lack thereof.

Like I said, put your beliefs under the microscope and watch that movie "A Case for Christ". Its not even 2 hours long and for most of the movie, you'll totally agree with him. Lee Strobel was in your same boat about 40 years ago or so.

Can you see Zeus? Can you see Odin, Allah, Brahman, Shiva, etc? No, none of them actually exist We can no more see, detect or interact with the God of the Bible than the other non-god's that humankind has believed in. It's not event the same version of God between the OT and the NT, in the early days, the God of the tribe of Israel was a part of a pantheon, Yahweh the only true God (I fixed your grammatical and punctuation errors!) Absolutely not, you've obviously never read The Bible or you'd know that. No where do the *practicing* Jews give any credence to items of wood, stone or metal fashioned by human hands. They AREN'T gods

Nor does quoting from creationist sites, especially on matters of science, biology, paleontology, astronomy, the age of the universe, etc, is absurd. Are you for real?!!! I wasn't aware that the Laws of Physics were from "Creationist websites". The first citation was the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics; the second was the Law of Conservation of Mass & Energy, all the way through the FACT that NONE OF THE FOSSIL RECORDS support your own *THEORY* of us starting at the bottom and working our way up (you know, all of the things I've been complaining that you've been blowing off this whole time? It's absurd because they begin with a conclusion, special creation, and try to shoehorn everything into that model. The absurdity is yours as *you, yourself* started with the CONCLUSION that God could not possibly be true, then tried to shoehorn everything into that model. You along with all of the other lefties on the evolution side (you did realize whose team you were arguing for, right...?) make citations of laws, but then conveniently dismiss those same laws when they contradict everything you say

I'm really thinking you're incapable of intelligent debate because you do not even read (or you're just completely ignoring, which is even more proof that you're not capable of intelligent debate) the mountains of evidence that contradict you. How do you explain a perfectly in-tact chariot wheel more than 200 miles away from Egypt at the bottom of the Red Sea that happens to be *exactly* where the Bible said it would be? But this would be the most simplistic of the examples and you even blew this one off. I'm still praying for you guys

Last edited by CAPITALIST; 07/22/22.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!