Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Try not to cut and paste…..

?

Reliance on the bible is an exercise of cut and paste.

Don’t like cut and paste?

Cut and paste is ok, if one can understand and make relevant comment on what has been “pasted and cut.”

You and DBT will once in awhile try to cut and paste a Bible verse but you have little idea of what message it brings.

I strongly suspect DBT has not sufficiently studied and researched the Bible nor evolution to develop his own independent thoughts or beliefs. Hence, he will not post what he considers to be “proof” of evolution in his own words.

He can no more competently discuss “proof” of evolution that he can competently discuss the Bible verses he will sometimes post.

Ok….Mauser…. Let’s try this verse:

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

Care to tell what this says?

Apart from the elephant in the room, being the fact it's an unsubstantiated assertion, there are some logical issues.

Also, since cut and paste is acceptable again, here's what I found:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You'll need to sort that out.

The logical issues are:
1. There was no sacrifice. Whether Jesus was human, or god in human form, he's now in heaven (hiding again) - ultimate goal, or status quo. Where's the sacrifice?
2. If god is so powerful why did he even bother was a blood sacrifice, and not just forgive everyone anyway? And there are still conditions to his/her/its unconditional love.
3. Other religions do not support the statement.

You seem to indicate there is a incongruity between the two passages you quote.

There are no contradictions here. Only your lack of perception and understanding. I can explain those verses to children and they get it.

Oddly, most people can read John 3:16 and formulate a reasonably accurate interpretation.

Apparently, you cannot…..

You divert, Bob and weave, obfuscate……why? I think you are afraid to consider John 3:16.

But, you are free to make your choices….. you are free to live in the dark. Those who live in the darkness are afraid of the light.

My take? You are living in fear and your strident opposition to Jesus is simply a child of that fear.

There are no contradictions here. Only your lack of perception and understanding. I can explain those verses to children and they get it.

That’s not anything worth boasting about. Children do not have the thinking and reasoning ability that adults do – they can be fooled to believe in Santa Claus for example.

They are also able to be manipulated and coerced more easily that adults – Catholic clergy, for example, have for the longest time and continue to rely on this principle.

You are living in fear ….

Fear of what? You have it ass backwards – you are the one with the fear. The fear is part and parcel of your superstitious belief - it's one half of the stick and carrot.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?