673;
Good morning my friend, I'm seeing you're all at least as chilly as we are this morning if not a bit more, so hopefully this finds you warm, well and dry.

Well said that we're in for a long struggle here. I've been contending with the gun grabbers here since the mid '80's so I'm good to keep on keepin' on for awhile yet. I mean the Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise and all. wink

Our new BC Premier David Eby is exactly what I thought he'd be since he was after all way up in the BCCLA and worked with those less fortunate on East Hastings and all that. At least he's predictable, you know?

When the new mayor was elected in Surrey she put the brakes on them changing out the RCMP for a city police service and that's a pity in my view, but it's not insurmountable either.

If I was to lay money on it, I'd say that Alberta will be resurrecting the Alberta Provincial Police again and it'll be sooner than later. Expect Saskatchewan to follow suit.

I'll note that in Saskatchewan the NDP opposition have seen the writing on the wall, read the tea leaves and went outside to sniff the wind... they're in full support of Scott Moe's efforts to put a stick into Ottawa's bicycle spokes on this one. Danielle Smith mentioned that in a Q&A the other day and fired a couple shots across Rachel Notley's NDP while mentioning that tidbit about the Saskabush NDP.

You and I are old enough to remember some of the monkey dancing going on when the BNA Act came here and we got the "kinda/sorta when we feel like it" Canadian Bill of Rights. The past couple of years has hopefully shown enough of the younger folks what an apparently toothless and arguably useless document it is in current form.

There are still, I will note, way WAY too many boomers my age who listen only to CBC and Global and are convinced that PM Sock Boy is doing everything right because they're convinced that if some way and some how we in Canada could reduce our 1% of total global emissions then the sun would be sunnier once more.

I'm actually getting better results reasoning with 20-40 year old folks than boomers. My goodness I do not believe history is going to judge my generation favorably.....

There's some other things I'm working on as well as the paper letters now. I like the idea of piling up paper on their desks actually quite a bit - it is Christmas and I'm feeling the spirit of giving.

It's not over yet, that's sure and at least those who are interested know which side the players are on now and what the stakes in the game are.

Lots of effort and lots of prayer for sure.

All the best to you all as we head into the Christmas season my friend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"