KillerBee;
Good morning my northern friend, I hope that the day is a bit brighter on your side of the big hills than it seems to be inclined to be here and that you're all well.

Regarding PM Shiny Pony changing anything at all at this juncture, as always we'll see when the smoke clears and it leaves me with a bunch of unanswered questions and conclusions.

In his excellent breakdown on the nearly 400 pages of amendments your fellow citizen Ian Runkle opined that it wasn't an accident. Murray Smith said as much in committee and Mr. Smith goes way, WAY back as a thorn in the side of anyone and everyone in the Canadian firearms community. I know several of us breathed a sigh when he announced his retirement. I'll refrain from going so far as to wishing ill on anyone KillerBee, but Mr. Smith was playing for an entirely different team shall we say.....

So then why did PM Socks' minions tip their hand and show everyone that yes indeed, they really don't want us to have any firearms whatsoever?

Ian's opinion was that it was possibly a desperate diversionary tactic as they come under fire for mishandling and lying about the Emergencies Act, ArriveCan, CERB payments, you know those little budgetary items.

Maybe he's right? I can't say.

Did they want to shake the tree hard enough to see who will send them emails and write letters? That absolutely would remove all doubt as to who to target with the next phase would it not? That could be handy.....

Are they banking on the average Canadian having an attention span only slightly longer than a squirrel after two cups of espresso?

Perhaps that's the case. We do seem to be more interested in who lost the NHL game last night than the Bank of Canada raising interest rates for the 7th time this year. That little blip on the screen was mentioned last night on Global news and the expert they trotted out said the average family will need to come up with about $18000 just because of that.

No mention of needing another $2500 for the extra federal carbon tax coming online in January. Oh they also polled 1000 of us who still answer polls - and I don't know a single person who does by the way - but anyways those kind souls/soles who still will answer Angus Reid or IPSOS are overwhelmingly bracing for a full blown recession.

Anyway KilllerBee, I'm still not settled in my heart as to the cause behind dropping that huge sweeping amendment, since I do not believe for one instance that the folks pulling PM Socks' strings are remotely as vapid as he is. Far from it in fact.

We'll need to remain vigilant, to keep the pressure on elected officials and doubly so for us in Leftist Lotus Land aka BC for sure.

We'll see, but this is FAR from over in my opinion.

All the best to you folks regardless of the mess however sir. We're still here to contend with them and hopefully will have friends and/or family time in the upcoming Christmas Season.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 12/08/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"