Originally Posted by pricedo
Originally Posted by 673
For those who don't know, but should know......the clout Canada's indigenous has isn't one of physical force, it is one of Constitutional clout.

As I said previously, that Constitutional clout shared with the unified firearms community at large is the best way to deal with a wimpish gun grab.

We are also learning the extent of the Constitutional powers Ottawa has and what the Provinces rights are regarding firearms. We never knew because we never had too know.

... I'm sure that in some parallel universe there is a Canada with a "unified firearms community at large" ... the FN are certainly united and organized but the majority of the over 2 million Canadian gun owner are in general apathetic and in some cases as mutually antagonistic as bobcats in a burlap bag (eg. hunters vs handgun and AR owners)

... "We are also learning the extent of the Constitutional powers Ottawa has" ... I suggest you learn FASTER ... a lot of privately owned Canadian firearms are already earmarked for the Hamilton steel mill blast furnaces

pricedo;
Top of the morning, I hope whichever side of the medicine line you're on that the week behaved for you and you're well.

In a past long past, if I'm not wrong you've stated you were a dual citizen so that certainly could give you a different perspective than my own and I accept that.

You've stated that the Lib/NDP coalition respects the FN and I would differ with you in the strongest possible terms on that. They might be attempting to virtue signal to them as a group, but the Lib/NDP coalition has done little if anything to address the issues individual bands are facing.

By way of explanation, I've had family who lived in Woods Cree, Dene and Tahltan communities and maintain some ties there. More current contacts are family who are involved with business associations and partnerships with various FN bands through out BC, though mostly in the interior and not too much coastal. We also have personal contacts in the south Okanagan FN bands.

From those connections then I've not observed that the FN - as a group - were united or organized - though the legacy media might purport that to be so. The organization and unity will vary widely and wildly depending upon the elected band council and chief.

Moving on from the FN discussion, there indeed was a time in the past when only the NFA was the main organization of firearms owners or certainly out west here, but with the forming of the CCFR that's changed - for the better in my opinion. I've been a member of both and am currently a CCFR member.

I've been involved at the local, provincial and in some instances federal firearms issues for 40 years now so again that's primarily my observations from two western provinces - Saskatchewan and BC.

The amount of pressure put onto the MPs on this last fiasco with C-21 was - according to the MP's staff - a little disconcerting to them so the targeted MPs - mostly NDP by the way - knew they'd stepped in it. I'll note that they still haven't managed to oust Jimmy Dhaliwal from his position and that's duly noted as well.

We'll see if it's enough, I'm not sure, but I'm not even close to giving up or ceasing with this windmill I've chosen to spend most of my life tilting at.

Again we'll see.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"