Originally Posted by BC30cal
Verylargeboots;
Good afternoon or I see getting on into evening out east in Virginia, I hope the winding down week has treated you well.

You all on the other side of the medicine line have both the 2nd Amendment and and entrenched right to private property which are two pillars we do not have.

Truly Canada signed a document in the late '40's in which we agreed to the concept of the right of private property, but when the Canadian constitution was rewritten in '82 while there is some provision to hold private property, it isn't as firm as you folks have.

Here's a breakdown for those so inclined.

https://www.albertalandinstitute.ca.../are-property-rights-protected-in-canada

It has been my position from the outset that the folks pushing for firearm confiscation, under the guise of it being "for the public good and safety of all" will then expand it to include whatever happens to be next on their list, since none of us "needs" a power boat, private plane, extra car - certainly not a sports car that exceeds posted speeds, snowmobile, motorcycle, RV, etc. and etc.

Not only that, most of those things have an objectionably large carbon footprint and we can't have that now can we?

Someone who just flew here on a private jet mentioned that - I'm fairly sure about that....

Naturally it doesn't take a historical scholar to note that once a population is disarmed, there's no reason to allow anyone to hunt, though for sure they've said that FN and Inuit have an inherent right to hunt, but they can do so with bows and arrows..

In the end, I hope that enough Canadians have been awakened to what's afoot, but as with all things only time itself will tell and history will be our judge.

All the best to you regardless of the interesting times we're in on both sides of the line.

Dwayne

PS;
Did you ever find work boots?

Hi Dwayne,

Thank you for your insightfulness and information. That link you posted is 6 different kinds of awful, I am shocked that property rights are that bad. I am really getting a good education on your politics, and they are far worse than what I had assumed before. They mirror our own.

Our country is in a mad rush to outright ban things like window A/C units and gas stoves, but doesn't really have the ability to do so legally....yet. The mad dash to everyone having nothing and being happy on both sides of the medicine line is maddening.

As to the boots, I've spoken to a custom manufacturer and while it's a hard pill to swallow, it looks like I'm staring down the barrel of a $700 pair of boots just due to job requirements.

Thanks as usual for your thoughts Dwayne!