KillerBee;
Good morning and thanks for the reply.

The "average" family who bought a $1.2 Million teardown house almost anywhere in BC are holding astronomical amounts of household debt. It's not uncommon that they're paying 2/3 of that, so every time the interest pops up a point they're on the hook for $6000-$8000 correct? This year it's been .75% in the Bank of Canada - BoC rate, but mortgage lenders need to make money too.

Here's a link to a Reuters article on our interest rates from the BoC

https://www.reuters.com/business/fi...ad-bank-canada-rate-decision-2022-01-26/

For provinces like BC, we're already paying a federal carbon tax, but I believe that the prairie provinces were not and were fighting it. It's part of the Green Initiative which will save the planet, even though we are responsible for less than 2% of total global emissions....

Indeed we could all stop emitting 100% - through our untimely demise or reverting back to the stone age but not using wood to cook our mammoth stew of course - and the total global reduction would be the proverbial 4/5ths of 5/8ths of Sweet..... well you know. wink

But it's my understanding and I'd really like to be wrong about that all KB - but I believe my friends to the east are going to get a whammy on all fossil fuel products in a few weeks.

The calculations of $2500 were a broad number and it'll be different province to province depending upon existing programs already in place which funnel funds to the cleptocracy in Ottawa.

You know KB, it occurs to me you're going to start avoiding me if I'm incessantly giving out bad news... Sincerely sorry about that my friend, it's not my intent. frown

If I didn't believe it was still worth contending for though, I'd have the fortitude to say that and no, I'm not there by a long shot.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"