Originally Posted by BC30cal
KillerBee;
Good evening my friend, I'm just checking in as I put on the night log and head off to bed.

While I will do my level best to answer any question you might have, please know you're asking it of a fellow who couldn't make it farming and spent my working life in the blue collar world with the occasional weekend chasing cows on the back of a decent cowhorse.

As far as I'm aware Quebec is a province in Canada which actually has or at one time had more hunters per capita than any other province. Since I've never been there - though our eldest and her husband have a couple times - I am not qualified to answer much about it other than they were granted special status by the British to keep their religion and legal system in exchange for not joining the Americans in their American Revolution.

That special status has continued more or less to this day, though it might be more in them practicing it than it being entrenched in any documents, that I can't say.

I'll check in once I get the morning fire going and the coffee on tomorrow sir.

All the best to you all until then. I bid you good night - rest well.

Dwayne

Top of the morning to you Dwayne, yet another day granted to us by the almighty, AMEN! :o) I appreciate your response and will share this view with you.

As you have noticed I do not say that much in these threads and keep my comments brief. If I wanted to, I could write three screens full here as to why I believe Canada is a "Ruined Nation", but I will not, I do not need to be put on any "Government List".

Fortunately for you, you were born and raised in Western Canada, I was not as fortunate. I was born and raised in Quebec. You have no idea how much that sucked! People that were fortunate enough to be born in the West do not realize just how bad it is in Quebec and Westerners never had to suffer the way English people did when I grew up there. By the way the legal system (code) they follow in Quebec is the Code Napoléon (Napoleonic Code) and they are the only Province in Canada that follows that code, and they are unfortunately very much part of Canada.

Earlier in this thread I brought up the “English Language Police” that exist in Quebec. They monitor businesses to ensure that the English Language is not visible on any storefront signage. Companies that do not add translations to their signs could face fines up to $25,000 and twice as much for repeat offenders. You can even go to jail and beaten up if you resist!

This approach has in my opinion eliminated “Freedom of Speech” in Quebec and therefore since they are part of Canada, I say that this Nazi like approach has in part ruined our Country. I can site many other aspects of how Canada has become a “Ruined Nation” but will only add the discriminating and radical government stance against firearm owners.

Because of what I went through and witnessed growing up, I have come to my conclusion which will never change, if you were subjected to the same situation I was, maybe you would better understand my point of view.

Again, I will say that I am very happy that I am not a young person that wants to hunt as a lifestyle choice. This fight is the next generations fight, and if they do not do their best to change the political landscape, they will eventually lose the right to hunt, by the way things are heading.

I wish them the best, the problem as I see it, is there may not be enough of these next generation hunters to make the difference. I guess we will see.

Anyway, I hope you have a fantastic weekend in beautiful BC!

Cheers ~ KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/03/22.

KB