Hugh;
Thanks for the reply sir, my goodness I wish I was closer as there's few things I like better than cutting up game. It's such a deeply satisfying task.

The government official was lying again unfortunately since any No 1, Mk V or Mauser "could" be rebarreled to take a cartridge which would exceed their magic joule number.

As an aside, whoever came up with that bit of illogical idiocy should be forced to walk in front of someone going into the pucker brush for a wounded large animal at least once. Well and if they survive that then twice.

The only reason I can come up with regarding the magic joules number is "they" don't want anyone having something like a .50BMG rifle, but that's just a guess on my part. In my opinion there is so little logic to be found in what "they" again PM Socks, Pinocchio Mendicino and Jimmy Dhaliwal are doing that I'm reduced to guessing you know?

The combined "they" cannot be that utterly out of touch to do this just for virtue signaling can they?

As far as true military equipment, if we didn't have any registered to us in 1977 I believe it was, then we couldn't be grandfathered and that's that. Nothing new of that classification has been available legally to Canadians who did not have the grandfathered status since then.

In the same way that when the 12-6 prohibition came in for handguns, if you had a .25 or .32 caliber handgun you were grandfathered and could only sell to others who were also grandfathered. I cannot pass them on with my estate even if my heirs are RPAL holders.

All of Canada is a safer place because my heirs will not be able to ever possess a .32 S&W 5 shot revolver. I am willing to make that sacrifice so "they" can sleep more soundly at night...... crazy crazy crazy frown

Hopefully the sarcasm was thick enough there for any and all. I mean all the gang bangers must be clamoring to pack a .32 S&W revolver for which no ammo has been available in the past 50 odd years right? Further crazy and ineffective virtue signaling for the uninformed at best.

Again I apologize that I'm seemingly consistently not bearing glad tidings at this time of year.

I'll say again that personally I do believe a sovereign God remains in control despite what "they" might think. I'll ask that folks inclined to do so would pray for us for strength, wisdom and then for peace as well.

Regardless of anyone's beliefs, I do wish you all the best this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"