Hi Jordan, you' re up early!

No offence intended, but an historical correlation between democracies and "godliness" has been short-lived. And democracies that have permitted gun ownership for citizens is a relatively "new thing". And while democracies, under God, has been better than autocracies without Him, democracies without Him is like the Book of Judges in the Bible, last verse: "In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as THEY saw fit. "-NIV, or KJV -"Everyone did what was RIGHT in his OWN EYES." (Emphasis mine). God never set up democracies, though He permitted it, and permits it until it runs amuck- just like in Israel ruled by the political establishment. A Theocracy was His way until "they" wanted a king - and God was offended, for He said "They have rejected me as their King"! It's no different today, regardless of politics. PP isn't going to change that even though he's from Calgary! And that's my sole point!

While I like him better than the Libs and NDPs offerings, he doesn't appear to have much time for God either! At least the hours I've given him on the Net, nothing has come out of his mouth to indicate that. Harper wasn't ashamed to be identified as a born-again Christian, and Preston more so, and I voted for each.

But to talk politics and guns, our present haven is the sovereignty of God and what He permits, and He uses people as the ultimate means. But I reject the notion of the Bible and guns having some kind of symbolic relationship, or for that matter: Christian and guns... Jesus to Peter: "put away your sword!" Yet he still had a sword - and Christ didn't say: "Give it to the guards"!

American Christian culture in the South has been, and IS very twisted! Bob Jones (evangelist) University refusing black students until forced by government to do so! And so on...

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 12/23/22.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus