Originally Posted by HughW
Verylargeboots - given what your EPA and Land Management has done with regulations to impact hunting areas as well as select industries I have been surprised that they have not taken aim at the manufacturing side - powder, primers etc. Perhaps given the needs of the military and law enforcement in the US this would overrule any move that way.

I do recall up here a move to have reloading requiring a licence and inspection by The Federal agency for Mining —- basically under explosives. That dropped by the wayside.

Whoever came up with the saying “never underestimate the perseverance of a liberal / democrat / lefty to keep pushing a bad idea” was 100% correct.

They've attempted to take aim at the manufacturing side of it previously, last time it was compounds in the powder they wanted to ban interstate transportation of for the express purpose of shutting down ammunition production all together. But that got slapped down hard by bureaucrats just due to the logistics of supply for the military and whatnot.

The EPA got it's pp slapped pretty hard recently with the Bruen ruling, but I'm sure they'll keep finding ways to screw us over.