Hugh;
Morning sir, I hope it's a decent day on your side of the big hills and you're all well.

Thanks for your post, I appreciate it.

As I've mentioned I've been involved with contending with the powers that be in Ottawa over stupid and ineffective firearms laws since about '84 when I got involved in the executive of the local gun club.

I recall putting a Mk II target pistol in the hands of our local MP when he came out to a meeting at the club - the look on Jack's face was priceless - and asking him just how many people did he believe were going to rob anything with something like that? He was a lawyer by training and a politician after that - NDP if I'm not wrong.

When the obviously equally ineffective long gun registry was starting up there were protest meetings all over Canada as I recall - there had to be 5000 people in Kelowna. Alan Rock famously said regarding the crowd that showed up in Ottawa - "we don't count heads"....

They, that is to say the leftist leaning parties, believe they know what's best for us all and we who do not lean that direction see things differently don't we?

As you say, it's all about their "feelings" and has little to nothing to do with facts.

Anyways sir, from a semi-old guy who's been in it awhile too, I appreciated your post.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"