Originally Posted by BC30cal
Fireball2:
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope your part of Oregon is getting decent weather and you're all healthy tonight.

Hopefully it goes without saying that it's my hope and prayer that we're able to negotiate and vote our way out of this, but of course as with all things in life, only time itself will tell.

There is change afoot here on our side of the medicine line, with the 3 prairie provinces flat out refusing to spend "one penny" to fund policing for the feds initiative. That puts them in a bind in more than one way.

Saskatchewan also just passed or is in process of passing laws which will require the feds to jump through a bunch of flaming hoops even if they want to fund the police to do it.

One aspect of Canadian law is that there's a stronger federal power structure for sure, but perhaps their options to get things done are more limited than on the other side of the medicine line if the provinces are disinclined to acquiesce to the feds request.

We do have the RCMP which are a federal police force, but they're hired - thus paid - by all four western provinces to do provincial policing as well. So there's no "extra" constables in a drawer somewhere in Ottawa that could be pulled out to go enforce their wishes.

I will say too that because we've let Quebec vote to stay in confederation or leave, the other provinces appear to also have that right. That might be just dawning on some of the Laurentian elite who've held the power here for most of Canada's history and I suspect it's unsettling them to say the least.

Speaking personally I've been involved in attempting to push back on what I believed were unfair firearm laws for 41 years now and have no inclination to cease and desist now. As I mentioned in another post, I've no intention to go gently into anyone's good night thanks, it's just not how many of us were built or raised either.

Anyways as always I'll say that I believe a sovereign God is absolutely still in control, so my prayer and the prayer I ask for is for wisdom to know what our task as servants truly is.

We're praying for you good folks south of us too of course, if nothing else selfishly because we tend to follow trends begun down there.

All the best to you all this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne for all of this!

I'll be 87 come Dec 29, and have hoped in the Sovereign God for most of those years - because of Christ Jesus. And, I've been a hunter of sorts for about 70 of 'em. Also a pastor/missionary for 65 of those years. I officially retired two years ago, Jan 1, at age 85.

That was just to introduce myself. My wife and partner is 86 and still quite active. She still teaches a ladies Bible class and drives her own car! We have four of our own, plus 13 grandkids and a dozen or more great-grandkids!

We lived and worked in Quebec (Montreal area) for a couple decades in the Master's business, became fluent in French, trained a young French Canadian pastor to replace us and did a LOT of bible-conference ministry there in both French and English, so have a pretty good handle on the political scene - during the FLQ crisis, etc. We learned to understand, appreciate and love the Quebecers. That's not to say we "love" some of their leaders and current politics out of Ottawa!

Just for interest sake: Our youngest son (Peter) has been a Bible College professor in Saskatchewan, and now in BC for the past 7 years (I think). And two older sons have been missionaries in Africa (both are hunters btw). The oldest became a resident BG hunter in Senegal, and shared a hunt with me when I visited them. All are now living in Ontario and New Brunswick.

All that just to introduce myself for future reference.

Thanks again brother for your comments re the current crisis over the "gun file" that takes God's sovereignty into account.

God bless...

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus