Hugh;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that wherever this finds you it finds you well. If you're home on your side of the big hills then you're almost as warm as we are so that's decent.

The leftist folks have - in my opinion and experience anyways Hugh - always felt that they know what's best for all of us and believe with all their heart and soul they know what is right.

Way back in the day when over 10,000 firearm owners marched on Parliament Hill to protest the upcoming long gun registry, then Minister of Injustice Allan Rock was asked what he thought about that many of his fellow citizens taking issue with his actions.

His curt reply Hugh, as I remember it, was "I don't count heads"....

Fast forward to a conversation I had with the PAL/RPAL instructor/examiner coordinator of BC who mentioned to me that as far as he was aware I was giving the least expensive PAL/RPAL courses in western Canada and possibly in all of Canada. He wanted to know why it was I was doing so obviously at a financial loss when all the cost considerations were in.

I replied that each and every PAL/RPAL holder I certified was my personal poke in Allan Rock's eye because I actually did count heads.... laugh

The conversations I had with that chap often went sideways Hugh, he was him and I was and still am me.

Perhaps he won because I withdrew as an instructor/examiner after a few years, but remained active in the BC Hunter Safety Course because for the most part they remained true to their initial objective.

Oh - the coordinator said specifically that we as instructor/examiners could not say anything negative about government firearms regulations in class Hugh, that was one of the straws that broke the camel's back with me. My response was that they could audit my classes any old time they chose to leave their hallowed halls and wander down the highway into the wild BC interior.

They never did do that as far as I'm aware, to nobody's surprise of course.

Anyways Hugh, thanks for reading a bit of my back story and how I arrived at where I'm at today with some of the folks who are "on the other side" shall we say.

Best to you.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"