Originally Posted by BC30cal
KillerBee;
Morning to you my cyber friend, and for once it is truly a better morning if only for the fact some of us are starting to wake up.

The language of the amendments and C-21 as a whole absolutely encompassed all firearms.

They use the term "variant" and because a flintlock has a trigger and a barrel - they'd make the case that it's a variant of anything on the list.

They did it with Weatherby Mk V and Ruger No 1 so if someone thinks that all firearms aren't on the table they're deluding themselves.

We're playing for all the marbles here - property rights in Canada - is the end game I believe and have for years.

Anyways, hopefully enough of us are awake now.

We'll see won't we?

Dwayne

You hit the nail on the head Dwayne, we have very weak property rights in Canada. This corrupt government has floated the idea that there should be no private property, the government would grant you right to occupy your home, if you complied with them. The Covid pandemic confusion provided cover for this idea and I think it was missed by most.

In 2019, there was some infringement on firearms ownership in the USA or Canada. It was a topic at lunch. I was saying that the infringement had to be fought as it would but one step towards the banning of all firearms. A young man in 30s poo pooed that that would never happen, I was an idiot for being an alarmist. I hate to say I was right.

At one point, I bought into the concept of "globalism". I didn't see anything wrong with. That was before I realized that many of our political "leaders" did not have the best interests of their country or citizens at heart. Think of all the manufacturing jobs shipped overseas for one example. The companies got richer, but we can't make our own medicines.

I've long ago thought that the UN was useless, corrupt and dangerous (witness the twisted gun statue outside the UN building in NYC), but they've gotten so much worse. Now the elites have the WEF to bow down to. Currently, the WEF is the most dangerous organization to western society. They must be stopped. When the UCP had their leadership election in 2022, I asked the candidates if they supported the WEF. To their credit, they did not. There is nothing that the WEF promotes that is in NE BC, Alberta or Saskatchewan's best interest. Nor Canada's.

Canada would be better off if we withdrew from the UN and the WEF.

Anyway, I'm glad for today's announcement, but there is much more work to be done.