Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by OldHat

Yes, I've heard this one before. Let me guess you are a Dawkins style atheist.

Atheism is a belief system which requires science to validate truth. Is this what you believe?

I believe I fall into the atheist category of some sort. Science is a collection of evidence and facts - has led us to the ability to converse in this thread. Faith is devoid of facts, proof, evidence etc. Science doesn't know everything - faith knows nothing.

Science is a collection of facts gathered through observation and supported by the empirical method.

Your statement is the same as saying all truth is scientific truth is it not? Or that the only source of truth is science? That is what you believe correct?

I'm not the one to have a philosophical debate with. Science is based on evidence and facts, scientific theories (facts) are developed and tested and found to be true and repeatable. Faith is devoid of facts and evidence so miracles are possible, when convenient to lay claim to them, or reallocate blame to evil when things go awry. Faith is essentially dishonest in nature and does anything but help explain why things happen.

You avoid answering my questions. Are you afraid of the answers? Perhaps you realize that answering them will crumble your house of cards. Atheists build phony facades which can not stand up to scrutiny questions.