Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Tyrone
You are what so many love about some Christians - non-judgmental. /sarc
Comin’ from you, who says that God doesn’t know others if they don’t worship the way that *you* do...
and comin’ from you, who says that God doesn’t know others if they don’t believe that God only lives in your church building like *you* do.

Hypocrisy much...?

Pharisee much...?

You missed your calling; if you’d lived back in the 15th century, you coulda been burning those of us who don’t see things the way that you do at the stake.
Mt 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Who are those people God addresses? They drove out demons, they healed people. What were they missing?

Romans2:13
For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.

What law are we supposed to follow? I thought you said all law passed away with the sacrifice on the Cross?

It sure would be easier to just be a nice person than it would be to be a nice person AND do the things Christs commands us to do. We should be humble enough to do what Christ asks even if we don't understand the "whys" or don't totally agree with them. IOW, we need to surrender ourselves to Christ.

You also say Christ doesn't live in a church building.
Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
What part of this is a lie? What part should we disregard?
If it's not a lie and we should follow it, where is that body today?

Politics is War by Other Means