Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by antlers
Gaggin’ at gnats and swallowing camels. Thank God that following Jesus doesn’t mean following His followers.
I wouldn't call the question of the divinity of Christ a "gnat"! laugh Oldhat, see how he avoids anything substantial? Everything other than *part* of one verse is a "gnat" ETA: Oh, and you're a bad guy if you take the Bible and Tradition in totality.
Pharisees placed more importance on the minutiae of what was written, than on people (including other believers). They placed their own holiness above that of others. Because of the importance they placed on the minutiae of what was written...in particular on rules and regulations and creeds and catechisms... they thought they were better and holier than others, including other believers. They loved their religion, and especially the minutiae of its rules and regulations and creeds and catechisms, more than they loved the people for whom the religion was given (people whom Jesus loved so much that he died for em’). And when other believers disagree with some of the theology of modern-day Pharisees, the Pharisees openly doubt, and even openly deny, that that believer has any knowledge of God, or is even a Christian.

You two woulda fit right in.
All you have to type is "Christ is the divine son of God" to clarify your position. Is it that difficult? Shouldn't we openly profess our faith?
Could you actually address the questions I have for you? I did not deny that you are Christian, I ASKED if you are Christian. So far you seem reluctant to confirm. From your answers so far, you have only confirmed that you believe Christ is on a level with Buddha. Do you believe He is more?

I did not claim to be holier than thou, I just claim that there are instructions that we all need to at least attempt to follow.
How much do you think we can get away with disregarding Jesus' clear instructions?

Believe me, I'd much rather sit at home and never do anything to express my love for God. But love is what you do, not what you feel so therefore I think it's imperative to follow all His instructions to the best of my ability - worship AND treatment of others.

Politics is War by Other Means