Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Christians, you are good men, I have, in the bad old days, shared bunkers with you as brothers, and I would gladly do it again. If you come to my door in need, you will be provided for and not begrudgingly. All I ask is that you keep your well intended offers of moral, ethical and spiritual guidance to yourself. Do not assume because of my lack of faith...that I can't be a moral man and live out the golden rule. If at some point, I feel the desire to seek spiritual guidance, I know where to look., I don't need a door to door salesman.

You're a lot more obliging than myself. Christians in particular have a track record of "give an inch take a mile" and launch into full control mode once they have the numbers up - eg weren't they looking at banning the teaching of evolution in public schools in Texas recently? Trying to force their nonsense onto everybody else and send logic and critical thinking down the toilet.

Yes.

There's been many fights over this with school boards in Texas.

Poor response...,

The same could be said of atheists pushing their beliefs on society, bus ideas and churches. Same could be said the the lesbian and queer pressure groups. Same could be said of “scientists” that tell us that determination of sex is a choice and there are a multitude of genders.... same can be said of those pushing abortion....,or liberals pushing a “reset.”

That's not even part of the argument - you're mixing in politics and societal changes from odd groups that aren't part of the atheist/ID debate. Your narrow view point sees religion as the single save all and everything else is evil. I'm afraid that your religion addled brain may be seeing connections that don't exist - but you've been brainwashed to believe in ghosts and magical places. Religious brainwashing destroys the ability to think critically.

Well, again, you are totally wrong. The issue is the pushing of an unwanted agenda on a populace.

But, what about John 3:16?

Issues? Logical and moral?

Care to explain?

I think you are again in error.... the way you word it.... the “moral code of love and the golden rule” have almost nothing to do with coming into peace with God.

You have little understanding of Christian theology.

But.... go ahead, explain the logical and moral issue with John 3:16

John 3:16.... “For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son so whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

The key here is “believes in Him” ..... you would do well to ponder the meaning of that before....well.....if..... you respond.

The "agenda" belongs to the believers. You believe that only Christians have morals - you arrogant pr*ck!

(Edit: You have to realise that the fictional material out of the bible means nothing to me so you shouldn't waste your time asking for my opinion on any part of it - it's all "fluff" and is full of contradictions anyway, or so I'm told. The last time I held a bible in my hand was because it was in the motel drawer and I used it to swat a monster insect that crawled in under the door - the bug spray was empty but would've been my first choice.)

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 12/14/20.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?